birding-aus

Listing milestones

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Listing milestones
From: " Moorhead Family" <>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:37:41 +1000
Just had a call this arvo from Peter Marsh and Biggles (of shooting the last
Weka on Macca fame!) in Broome whilst they were looking at the Semi-P at the
Poo Ponds. For the many of us who know these two characters, I would like to
let you know that both had this mega as their number 750 Oz bird. Both being
good mates and being neck-a-neck for a couple of years, it was great to see
that the  "race'' to 750 ended in a dead heat......Also many thanks to
Birding-Ausers for their kind words in relation to my son Jack who reached 700
recently. We had a great 3 weeks based around the mallee in Victoria and SA
basically seeing pretty much everything despite battling up to 48oC
temps....Special thanks to Paul and Ruth Dodd for the day out at the
WTP....Jack found the first Pec Sand there....also it was brilliant to catch up
with Bob Jolly again...Calperum was sensational with great views of Mallee
Fowl, Chestnut Quail-Thrush, Red-lored Whistler and Regent Parrots......The
Plains Wanderer WE in Deni with Phil Maher delivered...Thanks to Tony Russell
(I think) who posted the Goolwa Ruff (my 753)......along with the Lesser
Yellowlegs (which was still at Jerseyville on 29th Dec), we nailed 3 good
waders on one trip.....4 days at Yumburra CP were hot and didn't deliver the
Scarlet-chested Parrot which was probably the only real dip on the
trip...awesome lizards, butterflies and dragonflies also. Jack will post a full
trip report in a few days on Simon's site (aussiebirding.wildairies)
Cheers and a belated happy new year to the birding community,
Bill