birding-aus

Plover ID help please

To: "'Sebastian M'" <>, <>
Subject: Plover ID help please
From: "Jeff Davies" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 23:46:09 +1100
G'day Sebastian,

While I agree that the earlier posting was a Grey Plover I would identify
this one as a worn juvenile Pacific Golden Plover with a longish bill.
Key features for me are well defined cap contrasting with rather plain face,
discrete ear-spot, relatively long legs compared to body length and most
importantly longer length of exposed tibia before feathered trouser than you
would find on a Grey Plover.

Cheers Jeff Davies.