birding-aus

Grass Owl and a lost Better Beamer!

To: david taylor <>
Subject: Grass Owl and a lost Better Beamer!
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 09:31:07 +1000
Just to confirm Dave's recent record, we travelled to Toombul Rd last night
for the owls after a successful-trip to Jahnke's Lagoon for the Pectoral
Sandpiper.

Sadly we had no luck finding Dave's 'Better Beamer' but did get excellent
views of a single Grass Owl at 18.50hrs and I even managed to ''salvage' a
few shots (see http://www.aviceda.org/abid/newimages.php)

Would like to confirm Dave's warning regarding mosquitoes.......they are
very ferocious!

Tom

--
Tom Tarrant