birding-aus

Bird databases

To: Alan Stuart <>, ? birding-aus <>
Subject: Bird databases
From: Mick Roderick <>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 02:28:31 -0800 (PST)
Another important point to consider is that the gov't employees that assess
consultants' reports often only consult the NSW Atlas of Wildlife (and many of
them would never have heard of the BA Atlas or NSW Atlassers).

If records don't end up there, those assessing the consultants / developers
reports may never be aware of threatened species records in an area (and I talk
from experience).

Mick