birding-aus

Oziexplorer / Bitmap

To: <>, <>
Subject: Oziexplorer / Bitmap
From: Simon Mustoe <>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 22:04:11 +0000
Ah, this is very interesting. To be honest, when outback birding, I use the
CSIRO 1:250,000 maps more than anything else. In Oziexplorer, it gives a neat
arrow over the top and you can import various waypoints. Before any trip, you
just convert and sync the maps for the areas of interest. Too easy.

Syncing via email is a pain in the neck...iPhone are going to have to sort this
out at some point, it's ridiculous. An email with XML would probably do the
trick reasonably well but sending files like images and the like could be
tricky.

Regards,

Simon.