birding-aus

Birding Trip to Yunnan, China - March-April 2010

To: Birding-Aus Aus <>
Subject: Birding Trip to Yunnan, China - March-April 2010
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:33:53 +1100
Dear All,

Apologies for cross-posting and I hope I am not breaching the no advertising rule, Russell.

The Oriental Bird Club (OBC) has organised a 21 day birding trip to China's Yunnan Province from 14 March till 4 April 2010. The trip is a fundraiser for the OBC. The trip is to a seldom birded part of China, along the Ornithologically rich Burma-Thai border area and a list of 380-450 species is expected. The trip will be limited to a party of 7-9. The trip leader is Jesper Hornskov, a Dane resident in China and probably the foremost non- Chinese birder in the country. There are currently five people signed up for the trip and the trip definitely will run.

If anyone is interested in this trip, please contact Jesper Honskov at or Michael Edgecombe OBC Promotions Officer at

I can also email anyone who is interested a copy of the proposed itinerary and expected species list.

I have no commercial interest in the trip, my only interest is one of a paying member of the party who would like to bring the trip to the attention of B-A members.

Again, apologies to anyone who might regard this as commercial advertising.

Cheers,

Carl Clifford