birding-aus

Backyard birdfeeders driving avian evolution

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: Backyard birdfeeders driving avian evolution
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:54:06 +1100
I don't know much about genetics, but I was wondering the same thing (I think).

Dogs have been selectively bred till we have an astonishing range of breeds of
varying sizes and traits, that breed true. Yet I'm told if you let them inter
breed they quickly revert back to something like their ancestors.

I've never heard of this being offered as an example of evolution.

Peter Shute

Sent using BlackBerry