birding-aus

more bird ids needed

To: "'Kim Gillen'" <>, <>
Subject: more bird ids needed
From: "Jeff Davies" <>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 16:04:35 +1100
G'day Kim,

1. once the midtones are reset this bird appears to be a male Kestrel.
2. Richards Pipit correct.
3. Horsefield's Bronze Cuckoo correct.
4. Stubble Quail correct.
5. Looking at the male I would call this bird a Leaden based on marginally
paler wings compared to head and the obviously paler under surface of tail.
The breast cut off line also appears to be straight across as seen in the
shot of the male on the nest, this is also consistent with Leaden, Satin
show the cut off line curving/extending down a tad at the sides along the
edge of the wing.

Cheers Jeff.