birding-aus

Wildiaries Software Updates

To: <>
Subject: Wildiaries Software Updates
From: Simon Mustoe <>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 01:59:37 +0000
Hi,

We've done another round of updates to Wildiaries, in response to comments from
users.

1. Internet Explorer 8 is now working. There are one or two very minor bugs but
nothing that should cause any major inconvenience.
2. The site now has RSS feeds (see below).
3. The small bugs in the new image tagging are now fixed - captions can be
added. (Note, you can only tag multiple images for species name, not any of the
other parameters).

RSS FEEDS

For those who understand this:
The standard one can be found by clicking the RSS icon in the URL bar at the
top of the page.
http://[sitename]wildiaries.com/trips.rss

I've created another, which is fuelling the feeds on the left of this page:
http://home.wildiaries.com
http://[sitename]wildiaries.com/trips/index2.rss
This latter one is neater, and uses class tags, so it can be restyled. You can
choose a feed for any of the sites. In the next few weeks, I'll be doing these
feeds for individual user's pages (so you can easily pop your latest reports in
your own blog).

The method that is easiest to use to include these in your Google site, is
using FEEDBURNER. I'll be writing a help piece on this soon but it's very
straight forward and free with a google account. You just enter the RSS feed,
set the parameters, then place the provided code into your site.

WILDIARIES HOME PAGE

Please note, as of next week some time, this home.wildliaries.com page will
become the standard home page for Wildiaries.

Regards,

Simon.

Follow Project Lihou at http://lihou.wildiaries.com