birding-aus

More of this Twitter nonsense

To: <>
Subject: More of this Twitter nonsense
From: "Sean Dooley" <>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 23:48:42 +1100
G'day all,

Continuing on with my experiments in Twitterland, I am off on a tri pto
North Queensland, testing out the new birdwatching trails that some of our
favourite birding people have set up there. I thought I would continue to
keep my Twitter account going to fill people in on how I am going and what I
am seeing. It is as much an experiment for me to work out what exactly the
use of Twitter is. So far I have had some good feedback, particularly about
the Twitchathon Twitter. (It makes the Thon much more of a spectator sport.)
It might get a bit boring just getting updates from what is essentially
somebody's birding holiday but for anyone interested you can check it out at
http://twitter.com/Twitchathon where you can just have a look or subscribe
to get the feeds. Or whatever they are called.

Perhaps I can generate some interest in my quest to chase another pointless
birding milestone- breaking my best species total in a single month. MY
personal best was 362 in November 2002 when I was doing the Big Twitch. So
far this month with the Vic Twitchathon and Leeton Birdfair, I am at 232 so
only another 130 to go!

Sure it is not nearly as important as yet another interminable debate over
the nomenclature of storks but what can I say, I'm shallow.

Sean