birding-aus

Visiting Victoria and Brisbane 5th Dec 2009 - 23rdDec 2009

To: TIMOTHY TOOHIG <>, <>
Subject: Visiting Victoria and Brisbane 5th Dec 2009 - 23rdDec 2009
From: "Billinghurst, David (RTATECH)" <>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:50:34 +1100
> From: TIMOTHY TOOHIG
>
> Hope some of you will be kind enough to offer me some birding
> tips and locations for my first visit to Australia.
> Only two and a bit weeks :-
>
> I would like to try and see Little Penguin - I am not going
> to have time to go to Phillip Island so was wondering if its
> possible to see them else where maybe around Warrnambool? If
> so are they easy to see? What time of day is best am / pm?

There are Little Penguins in the Melbourne beachside suburb of St Kilda.
 - http://stkildapenguins.com.au/
 - http://stkildapenguins.com.au/PrestonPoster1.pdf

A search for "St kilda penguin" will throw up some more links.  Reviews
of the tours on offer were mixed.  I have no personal experience.

This email is confidential and may also be privileged.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete this message from
your system without first printing or copying it. Any personal data in this
email (including any attachments) must be handled in accordance with the Rio
Tinto Group Data Protection Policy and all applicable data protection laws.