birding-aus

Update on trip to go and see a Letter-winged Kite colony & other outback

To: birding aus <>
Subject: Update on trip to go and see a Letter-winged Kite colony & other outback goodies in SA - one spare space and a few more details.
From: robert morris <>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 05:01:14 +0000
Tempted birders!

3 of us (Myself, Chris Sanderson and Damien Farine) will leave Adelaide on the
early eveing of the 5th November and head north. We'll be back in Adelaide by
the evening of the 8th November. So just 1 day off work to do some great
outback birding.

I have hired a 4WD Landcruiser with 2 spares. The cost of the hire will be
around $200/person + fuel. Budget are completely aware where we are going and
we will have a EPIRB / water etc. So we should be pretty safe.

We've made no firm accommodation plans yet and may play this flexibly.

I have had about 10 people say they are tempted but only the 3 of us have said
yes and booked flights. There is room for a fourth person but we're going
anyway.

You'd need to be in Adelaide by 6 or 7pm on the 5th if you're interested. It is
a straight 'pay your share' trip.

Let me know if you are keen.

Rob Morris

Brisbane, Australia