birding-aus

More Lockyer valley stuff

To: "birds" <>
Subject: More Lockyer valley stuff
From: "Colin R" <>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:05:13 +1000
Hi
It seems that half the birding world was in the Lockyer Valley on
the weekend!
After we (Stu Warren, Rob Dougherty & myself) viewed the Oriental
Plover we went on to find a family part of 4 Black Falcons
hunting over 7 Mile Lagoon and at Adare rd we had Masked and
White-browed Wood-swallows and Brown-headed and Black-chinned
Honeyeaters. Not far away back towards Gatton 2 Black Kites
circled overhead and at the Uni lake we had 1 Black-tailed Native
Hen (thanks, Bill J) and 3 Blue-billed Ducks. Comparing this to
the other reports it is obviously easy to overlook both species
in the masses of birds at this location! We looked for, but
failed to find, the reported White-backed Swallows in the
Kentville area.
A really good day's birding with quality birds!

Cheers

Colin
--
  Colin Reid