birding-aus

FNQ trip and help with IDs

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: FNQ trip and help with IDs
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 13:00:20 +1100
I have just returned from a very enjoyable two weeks in FNQ.

Some of the highlights were:

Osprey nesting at Lake Mitchell between Mt Molloy and Mareeba.
Three Ospreys roosting on our catamaran's tender at the Low Isles.
Nest Papuan Frogmouths on the Daintree River.
Little Kingfisher on Barratt Creek.
White-bellied Sea-Eagles at Lakefield NP.
Bustards at Bustard Downs (where else?)

I have some photographs of birds that I haven't been able to identify.  The
first three were taken at Mareeba Wetlands and I'm sure that this one
should be obvious but I just can't pin it down:

m("N05/4007124006/","//www.flickr.com/photos/28179037");">http:
m("N05/4006351105/","//www.flickr.com/photos/28179037");">http:
m("N05/4007099836/","//www.flickr.com/photos/28179037");">http:

The next photograph was also taken at Mareeba Wetlands but it is of poor
quality:

m("N05/4006390615/","//www.flickr.com/photos/28179037");">http:

The last three were taken at McLeod River and, again, they are poor
quality:

m("N05/4007190452/","//www.flickr.com/photos/28179037");">http:
m("N05/4006416121/","//www.flickr.com/photos/28179037");">http:
m("N05/4007173942/","//www.flickr.com/photos/28179037");">http: