birding-aus

unusual new bulbul discovered in Laos limestone areas

Subject: unusual new bulbul discovered in Laos limestone areas
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:21:29 +1000
Andrew,

I wonder if the person who did the news release got things a bit muddled. There is no "July" issue of the OBC journal "Forktail". It is published once a year, the next issue is due in August. I had a look at the table of contents for the this issue and there is no listing for the paper "An unusual new bulbul (Passeriformes: Pycnonotidae) from the Limestone karst of Lao PDR". Looks like we will have to wait 'till Forktail arrives in my mailbox next month to see if is actually in there. Perhaps the paper missed the publication date. I have emailed Iain Woxvold asking for a copy of the paper anyway. I anyone would like a copy when it arrives, let me know.

Cheers,

Carl Clifford