birding-aus

re. Bird Smuggling in Australia

To: "simon starr" <>, "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: re. Bird Smuggling in Australia
From: "storm" <>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 20:16:07 +1000
Simon,

sadly there are not standards in NSW, nor any other state in Australia that
I am aware of.

Please don't let the bird go, no matter how tempting it's not in their
interests or the interests of the local flocks.

Please DO report the birds to the RSPCA or who ever enforces anti-cruelty
legislation in your state. It's not an issue that is on their radar at all
as far as I can tell. People making reports will increase their
consciousness and, in conjunction with other actions, eventually standards
and legislation will have to be written and then enforced.

cheers
storm