birding-aus

Strange Pacific Golden Plover at Boat Harbour, Sydney

To: birding aus <>, Tim Jones <>
Subject: Strange Pacific Golden Plover at Boat Harbour, Sydney
From: Tun Pin Ong <>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 04:24:02 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,
I attach a link to a photo taken by Nikolas Haass taken on 01 March.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tunpin/3354083761/

This is a comparison example between suspected American Golden Plover (left)
and 2 other typical Pacific Golden Plovers in the right.
Note the right most Pacific Golden Plover also have quite long exposed
primaries and project extension beyond tail tip. However it has a elongated
tertials on the top and can be seen as a shadow to the primaries.

Looks like the current rules (primary projection, primary extension beyond tail
tip) is still valid. Let me know if you have any comments.

usually not a good time as the birds had been chased away to less accessible
rocks nearby and not the proper Boat Harbour. Boat Harbour is located in the
south of Kurnell Peninsula. There is an access via unpaved road right off
Captain Cook Drive at $19 per entry. I tried to send you a google map link and
wonder if that works.

Regards,
Tun Pin
Currently based in Canberra with limited internet access