birding-aus

Items found - were they lost?

To: "'Peter Waanders'" <>, "'Birding-Aus Aus'" <>, <>
Subject: Items found - were they lost?
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 22:08:43 +1100
Well going by the story, Ken's intentions are probably good but I also
think maybe what he did was not that wise. Why not leave the bag there?
Surely a birder who stops by the road and is probably looking around at
something and then drives off, dropping these things, is more likely
than not to realize their error quite quickly, I know I would, maybe at
the next good birding sighting along the road. I reckon it quite likely
that the person probably returned five minutes after Ken nicely
collected the bag and spent an hour madly searching within 5 metres of
where Ken found them, in a panic and has now lost said items.

It is a bit like all these people who find baby magpies and think they
need rescuing and take them away from their perfectly capable parents.

Philip