birding-aus

Blue-faced Honeyeater Heathcote (Sydney)

To: "David Hair" <>, <>
Subject: Blue-faced Honeyeater Heathcote (Sydney)
From: "Alan Gillanders" <>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 17:05:33 +1000
Dave,
A long way from Cumberland but I had one in a palm in my yard in Yungaburra yesterday. They are not uncommon visitors to the yard in the warm dry months but at this time of year it is rather strange. A female Brown Goshawk has been very noisy for a few mornings now and yesterday I became aware she had a mate in tow. she has been chasing off the Sulpher-crested Cockies for which I am grateful and they have been eating the passionfruit.
Regards,
Alan