birding-aus

RFI sw WA.

Subject: RFI sw WA.
From: Peter Bijlmakers <>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 22:16:10 -0800 (PST)
Dear all,
We will be visiting sw WA for 2 weeks starting next week-end. There is a lot of
info on the web (eg Frank O"Connor's site) and we have more or less fixed our
itinerary. Now that we are getting near to actual arrival I would like to
request some up to date info on the area.

1)    Which lakes in the Perth/Mandurah area are good at present? This for
ducks (eg pink-eared, blue-billed and possibly freckled) and crakes (eg spotted
and spotless).
2)    Are there any reliable sites for night birds, easy ones (ahum) like tawny
frogmouth, southern boobook and Australian owlet-nightjar but also masked owl,
barking owl and spotted nightjar?

Any other pertinent info is appreciated.
Thanks already and best regards,

Peter and Yvonne Bijlmakers
Kuala Lumpur