birding-aus

magpie geese on power lines

Subject: magpie geese on power lines
From: Ben Bright <>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:28:17 -0800 (PST)
Magpie geese are a common sight in the Townsville area, especially with the
amount of rain this year lots of habitat has opened up to them.  However I have
never seen them roosting on power lines before.  Like a pair of woodswallows,
two geese were huddled together on a single line opposite the race course
yesterday.  I wonder if anyone else has ever witnessed such unusual behaviour
of magpie geese.

      Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out
more