birding-aus

RFI: Spotted quail thrush, eastern grass owl, Brisbane.

To: Steve murray <>, <>, birding aus <>
Subject: RFI: Spotted quail thrush, eastern grass owl, Brisbane.
From: robert morris <>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 02:02:07 +0000
Steve

re the Thomas and Thomas area - high ridges above Bellbird Grove I've been
there 5 times in the last 14 months and seen them 4 times. They are pretty easy
with patience at dawn / dusk in particular.Rob Morris  Brisbane, Australia >
From: > To: ;
> Subject: RE: [Birding-Aus] RFI: Spotted quail
thrush, eastern grass owl, Brisbane.> Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 11:05:08 +1000> >
John. I used to see Spotted Quail-thrush regularly near my old home at Bunya>
Downs. They were in the Brisbane Forest Park near Ferny Grove. Try the fire>
trails coming off the Mailman's track into the park. As you turn right into>
Mailman's track off Samford Rd I think it is the second fire trail going off>
to the right. They hang around the rocky hilly parts. The Thomas & Thomas> site
at Bellbird Grove is probably still valid too. There is a fire trail> going up
from the picnic ground. Watch out for wild dogs up there, though! I> came
across a pair that didn't run away like they normally do.> Cheers Steve Murray>
> -----Original Message-----> From: >
 On Behalf Of john hammond> Sent:
Saturday, 31 January 2009 8:28 PM> To: birding aus> Subject: [Birding-Aus] RFI:
Spotted quail thrush, eastern grass> owl,Brisbane.> > > Does any one know of
any spotted quail thrush sites closer to Manly,> Brisbane than girraween. I
have been out there for a look but missed them> and would like to try somewhere
closer if possible. I have heard they used> to be found out near Greenbank
somewhere. Hope i'm not pushing my luck but> would also be thankful for some
directions to the grass owl sight out near> the airport. Was wondering if any
birders have seen the owls out that way> recently. Both these birds have
managed to elude me so far so any help would> be greatly appreciated....Regards
simple! Sell your car for just $50>
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2>
Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fa>
i%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT==========www.birding-aus.org>
birding-aus.blogspot.com> > To unsubscribe from this mailing list, > send the
message:> unsubscribe > (in the body of the message, with no Subject line)> to:
the body of the message, with no Subject line)> to: