birding-aus

Lake McLarty near Pinjarra WA - possible Northern Pintail

To: "Greg & Val Clancy" <>, <>, <>, "Frank O'Connor" <>
Subject: Lake McLarty near Pinjarra WA - possible Northern Pintail
From: "Mike Carter" <>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:35:40 +1100
Regarding this possible N. Pintail at Lake McLarty on 5 January, Greg Clancy wrote

As far as I am aware the only other Australian record was of an adult male at Cowans Pond, near Grafton, north coast NSW, first located by Dick and Margaret Branch a few years back.

Greg Clancy

There are in fact four accepted records for Australia.
1. RAC case 111 Chandela Swamp, WA 12.07.1986.
2. BARC case 311 Cowans Pond, near Grafton, NSW, August 2000.
I was the last to see this bird but malicious rumours started by those that subsequently dipped that I'd scared it off are entirely without foundation!
3. BARC case 403 Darwin NT 19.10.2003.
4. BARC case 445 Parry's Lagoon, Wyndham, WA 23.11.2004.

Mike Carter
30 Canadian Bay Road
Mount Eliza  VIC 3930
Tel  (03) 9787 7136