birding-aus

Re: Garmin MAP 60 CSx

To: Paul Dodd <>
Subject: Re: Garmin MAP 60 CSx
From: Scott White <>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 06:28:10 +1030
Downloading Garmin's WebUpdater application will update the unit to the last firmware (v3.70 I believe).

I had a quick look over the 60CSx specs last night to verify my experience with the active(internal) track logging buffer, it's specified as having a capacity of 10,000 points so at 1Hz it'll reach capacity within 2.78 hrs, which agrees with my experience.

But yeah, you can extend this duration dramatically by using Auto (or manually increasing the sampling period), which is especially true if your tracking whilst on foot (little change in position vs time). I used my unit for some data logging activities at work, where we wanted as much data as possible and I've never bothered to change it back as I rely more heavily on the GPX log data than the internal buffer.

Cheers,
Scott.