birding-aus

Seabirds off WA and Christmas Island - incl.GREAT SHEARWATER

To: "'Daniel Mantle'" <>
Subject: Seabirds off WA and Christmas Island - incl.GREAT SHEARWATER
From: " Jeff Davies" <>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 00:03:44 +1100
G'day Daniel,

Thanks for your report, I enjoyed reading it and congratulations on the
Great Shearwater, I hope you will submit it to BARC.
Your description for odd Little Shearwaters could actually describe
Audubon's Shearwater, a species unknown to those waters thus far. Did you
consider that species when you were observing them, or were you able to
eliminate them as a possible ID.

Cheers Jeff.