birding-aus

Bird stops development

To: "'Peter Shute'" <>, "'Scot Mcphee'" <>, "'Baus Aus'" <>
Subject: Bird stops development
From: "Simon JR Muirhead" <>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:57:33 +1000
Insight CEO Peter Rosengren rejected the suggestion his company should have
checked the protected species register before subdividing.

"It's not a search normally undertaken by anyone when they're purchasing
land," he said.

"For the department to suggest that we ought to have told these people
something that we didn't know ourselves is outrageous."

Totally incorrect, they will get nailed hopefully.

I was actually contacted by one of the people that had bought a parcel of
land. All I could do was recommend contacting a lawyer. On ANY
reconfiguration of lot, the onus is on the proponent to make a referral to
the DEH. It would have cost the developer a few thousand dollars to get a
desktop constraints analysis on the site before even considering an
application to subdivide. The couple of searches required to find the
information for yourself are totally free.

The company is unable to sell the development's remaining eight lots worth
more than $3 million.

A few thousand dollars isn't much really when you look at it.

Regards, Simon Muirhead BEnvSc MEIANZ

( Phone 0401 576 245

View my Work at Red Bubble <http://www.redbubble.com/people/gcfanta>