birding-aus

Painted Finch @ Jerilderie

To: "'David Parker'" <>, <>
Subject: Painted Finch @ Jerilderie
From: "Paul Dodd" <>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 20:16:55 +1000
This is quite sickening - especially if it was a human that destroyed the
nest.

When Ruth and I visited two weeks ago, we were so careful to avoid the nest
and to not disturb the birds any more than we considered acceptable - in a
normal bird watching sense. We deliberately limited the amount of time that
we spent at the site so that we would not impact the birds any more than we
needed to.

The location is a roadside stop, not a campground. There's a perfectly good
campground in Jerilderie 20km away.

It is incidents like this that will cause people that do find unusual birds
in unusual locations to NOT report them which will be disappointing for us
all.

Paul Dodd
Docklands, Victoria