birding-aus

Allies Against foreign Invader

To: "'Chris Sanderson'" <>
Subject: Allies Against foreign Invader
From: "Kurtis Lindsay" <>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 16:29:27 +1000
In relation to what you have said Chris, is or has there been any studies
conducted to find out if Mynahs could or are expanding their range into
wilderness areas and or other areas of natural habitat distant from human
habitation?

If there are Mynahs in wilderness areas, how would we know seeing people
don't regularly access remote wilderness regions.
I am aware of the work conducted by Dr Chris Tideman on Mynahs in the
suburbs of the ACT but has anyone looked at current or potential impact of
Mynahs colonizing wilderness areas?

The most 'wild' an area I have seen breeding Mynahs in was in a patch of
rainforest just out of Mullumbimby in Northen NSW, but this area was bound
by farmland.

Kurtis Lindsay