birding-aus

Save Cranebrook

Subject: Save Cranebrook
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 22:29:31 +0000
Dear Sydney bird lovers

I would like to enlist as many of you as possible to help survey a site in
western Sydney, more precisely the old Air Services Australia Site at
Cranebrook,
which is only a couple of kilometers from Castlereagh Nature Reserve.

You may be aware that there are plans to develop this bush habitat into hundreds
of homes, bringing more traffic, congestion and pollution into the area,
but more importantly at the same time degrading natural bushland habitat
pertinent to local birds? and summer migrants? survival.

I contacted one of the people running the campaign against the development
and while currently Penrith Council appears to have knocked back plans to
go ahead, there is always the risk of his majesty Lord Sartor (the God wannabe)
to overrule any planning decision made by the local government authority.

Please contact me ASAP so I can get an idea of numbers interested in surveying
and we can plan a date and time to help with the protective efforts. Here
is the save Cranebrook website http://www.savecranebrook.com/
 for your interest and there are already a number of significant native plants
in peril, and the conservation people don?t seem to even know of avian residents
or visitors.

I think it's a small effort and an enjoyable few hours that can be had by
all involved.

Thanks

?kos