birding-aus

Magpie Nocturnal singing

To: "'Birding-Aus Aus'" <>
Subject: Magpie Nocturnal singing
From: "Wendy" <>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:07:48 +1000
I've heard them singing at night too. Willy Wagtails often sing at night at
my mothers place near Geelong (Vic)Could it be clear skies and full moon?
PLUS joy for life and a chance to demonstate a great voice and maybe
territorial claims?
A short time ago, before it clouded over here, my pet duck, whose night
sight is poorer than mine, was pottering about hunting grubs by the
moonlight. Now it is cloudy, she is back roosting near the back door.
Wendy