birding-aus

still no real summer weather at 70*N

To: Wim Vader <>
Subject: still no real summer weather at 70*N
From: L&L Knight <>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:12:09 +1000
G'day Wim

You are using the wrong definition of summer.

You should define it as days when the sun reaches more than [say] 40
degrees above the horizon and you have more than 6 hours of sunshine
per day.  Alternatively, you can define it in terms of plants
fruiting, birds nesting/fledging or people sunbathing.

Regards, Laurie