birding-aus

Are these Orange-bellied Parrots? (WTP)

To: <>
Subject: Are these Orange-bellied Parrots? (WTP)
From: "Peter Shute" <>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 21:37:27 +1000
A friend took some photos of what he thought were OBPs at Werribee, but is now
having doubts.  The variation in the field guides for this species is quite
confusing. Would anyone like to look through them and give your thoughts?  I'd
be interested in how your come to your conclusions, irrespective of what they
turn out to be.

The fact that some appear to be banded makes me fairly sure they are, unless
someone is banding Blue-winged Parrots.  The photos are at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/pshute2/OBPOrBWP

They were taken on 6/7/08, but I'm not sure exactly where within WTP.  Perhaps
someone will recognise the location.

Peter Shute