birding-aus

RFI House Crow at Dee Why

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: RFI House Crow at Dee Why
From: Carl Billingham <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 20:16:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Tania,
I flew down from Brisbane to Sydney on the weekend to pick up a few ticks
including Regent Honeyeaters (about a dozen) in Capertee Valley, my bogey bird
the Red-whiskered Bulbul (tried on three previous trips but finally successful)
and ...the House Crow which is quite a nice looking bird with its silky grey
mantle.
Carl Corden was able to take me straight to the spot at Dee Why and pointed out
the bird in the trees between the children's fenced playground and the street -
exactly where he had seen it back in March!
...even got the photos as proof of having 'been there, done that' Laurie;-)
Spent the afternoon doing some cliff top seabird watching as well.
Cheers,
Carl Billingham
Taringa, Brisbane
RFI House Crow at Dee Why
from [L&L Knight] [Permanent Link][Original]