birding-aus

RFI House Crow at Dee Why

To: "'Tania Ireton'" <>, <>
Subject: RFI House Crow at Dee Why
From: "Paul Dodd" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 20:22:08 +1000
Tania,

You need to get to the James Meehan Reserve (part of the Dee Why Lagoon
Reserve). I'm not an expert on Sydney geography, but from Manly you need to
get onto Pittwater Road and head north to Dee Why. Turn to the right at Dee
Why Parade and head towards the beach. Just before the road turns right and
becomes The Strand there is a turn off to a carpark on the left.

Ruth and I spent almost two hours walking back and forth before we found the
House Crow in the picnic area to the north of the car park. Other people
have seen it near the childrens' playground immediately to the west of the
carpark. Just spend some time walking around and you'll come across it, I'm
sure. We saw it in the company of Common Mynas - we got reasonably close to
it, but it spooked quite easily and flew off over the lagoon.

Good luck!

Paul Dodd
Docklands, Melbourne