birding-aus

Help with bird photographs.

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Help with bird photographs.
From: "Robert" <>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 16:33:49 +1000
Dear fellow birdwatchers:- this will probably only apply to all you
birders/photographers/computer gurus.  Can any of you help me with the
following?  Recently I received from a colleague in Ireland some bird
photographs :- one was a short  clip of photographs as in a slide show
presentation with accompanying music, the other a "horizontal" strip of still
photographs (5 in all). I would like to do two things with these.

1.   Isolate one of the images from the "slide show" and put it as a backdrop
for my desktop.
2.   Forward the horizontal strip to a friend in Canada.

I am reasonably "au fait" with my computer (Windows XP) but so far have been
unable to do either. As far as number (2 ) goes I keep getting messages saying
that it is unable to find the file, and number (1) I am unable to "stop" the
slide show in order to  isolate the image.  Can anybody help?  To avoid boring
the rest of Birding Aus perhaps you could email me directly at
 .  Simple terminology would be appreciated i.e. right
click image etc etc.    Yours Hopefully  Robbie Brown.