birding-aus

raptor prey (was sea eagle observation)

To: "'Coghlan, Nigel'" <>, <>
Subject: raptor prey (was sea eagle observation)
From: "Paul Dodd" <>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:50:16 +1000
Ruth and I saw the same Peregrines on Tuesday around sunset whilst waiting
for our flight. One was on the closest light tower to the terminal building.
The second was a couple of towers further away. The funny thing was that
another bird decided to hassle the falcons - an Australian Raven, I think
(although the light was very low by this time). The Raven flew at the
furthest falcon and swooped it off its perch. The Raven then chased off the
falcon for a little while. The closer falcon watched all this with interest
and eventually flew off after its mate.

An enjoyable way to spend half an hour waiting for a delayed flight!