birding-aus

Capertee Valley conditions

Subject: Capertee Valley conditions
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:55:09 +1000
Having had some more recent rain the Capertee Valley (NSW) is fantastic at the moment. The Yellow Box trees have gone crazy, erupting into flower at the wrong time of year and there are literally hundreds of Little Lorikeets taking advantage of them along the river at Glenowlan Road. On the weekend we found 10-12 Regent Honeyeaters feeding in Yellow Box at the bridge. The Needle-leaf Mistletoe is also flowering out of season. On the other hand, hardly any White Box flower has eventuated this year.

There seem to be ever more Spiny-cheeked Honeyeaters around and we saw one in the garden of The Kurrajongs, along with Striped H/e and many dozens of finches.

By the way, sorry to anyone trying to send me an email in the last few days and getting bounced messages but my ISP are testing and installing a new server - and they tell me the problems will continue for a couple of weeks yet! I am getting most emails eventually, after several days! People are telling me they're receiving the emails I sent this morning, so I trust this will get through.

cheers,

Carol

--
Carol Probets