birding-aus

baby noisy miner rescue

To: "Scot Mcphee" <>, "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: baby noisy miner rescue
From: "storm" <>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 19:21:21 +1000
Hi Scott

You don't need to feed the bird tonight - but it might appreciate a drink -
drops from an eye dropper dribbled on to the top of the beak should get the
bird to lap if it is thirsty.

If you can make a fake nest - small marg container, lined with tissues to
make the bird snug - and put it somewhere warm, dark and quiet for tonight
that will be an excellent place for the bird to sleep. Make sure you cover
the box overnight.

If it is dry and you have time you may be able to return the chick to
his/her family. They will usually take the bird back (or adopt another
families chick).

If you don't have time to give that a go call one of the following numbers:

*  1300ANIMAL - this number is staffed 24/7. It’s run by RSPCA-Q and diverts
callers to nearest carer
* Dept of Environment - Phone: 07 3227 8185
* Central Queensland Wildlife Hospital - Phone: 07 4935 4309

good luck,

cheers
storm