birding-aus

Partners

To: "Robyn Charlton" <>
Subject: Partners
From: "Douglas Carver" <>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 08:55:37 -0600
There is also growing evidence that while certain bird species might "mate
for life", that does not mean that they are faithful to their chosen
partners.  Infidelity is pretty common, even amongst bird species who pair
only for the breeding season.  There is a great segment in David
Attenborough's "Life of Birds" discussing infidelity amongst Dunnocks in
English gardens.

Douglas Carver
Albuquerque, NM