birding-aus

Bird recording equipment - Minidisc?

Subject: Bird recording equipment - Minidisc?
From: "Natalia Atkins" <>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 20:20:20 +1000
Hi Colin,

There are a lot of options, but if you want something really great that is
not too expensive, have a look at the Iriver H340  (Iriver is the brand
name, h340 is the model name) . Its a MP3/ hard disk recorder with a
connector for an external Mic as well as very decent inbuilt mic.

They cost about $300 on ebay second hand, with a  40GB Internal hard drive
(that is replaceable).  It has a line input (mini-RCA jack) and it will work
well with your Seinheiser Mic if you get a female XLR to male minijack
convertor (thats what I use with my Sennheiser mic)

This particular model of MP3 player is highly sought after by DJ's for
recording their live music sets in a high quality format. They are very
fiddley about quality and the Iriver h340 is the one they all use.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Bel