birding-aus

Keys to Cheetham Salt-works, Adelaide SA

To: "Birding_Aus _Server" <>
Subject: Keys to Cheetham Salt-works, Adelaide SA
From: "Dean Cutten" <>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 06:51:33 -0500
Aus Birders,

Back on April 14 I went to Cheetham office around noon to pick up a key and
was told there was no gate key available as they were all out. However,
after checking in the mail box the assistant found one key. At the time I
thought there must be a few people out at the salt ponds. This time I came
up from Victor Harbor (1.5 hr drive) on other business but sometimes I have
come up especially to visit the salt ponds and if there was no key available
I would not have been impressed. I thought the  key number was registered
with the card holder when it was picked up and so the card holder could be
contacted to return it if it had not been returned. So if birders have been
hanging on to the keys then I support the new procedure to make birders
return the gate keys.

Dean Cutten

Victor Harbor,  SA
Australia