birding-aus

Fauna/Birding atlas data exchange

To: Dave Torr <>
Subject: Fauna/Birding atlas data exchange
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 17:33:04 +1000
Dave,
It is possible to export data from one database as a CSV (comma separated variable) file and then import into another database....but. If all fields in the two databases are not labeled exactly the same, there will be headaches. I am in the process of importing my sightings from 2 different databases (on 2 different OS) into another database on a different OS. It has been very much a learning experience. I definitely learned not to do it again :)

Cheers,

Carl Clifford