birding-aus

Do you think birds know when you are watching?

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Do you think birds know when you are watching?
From: "John Leonard" <>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 11:31:42 +1000
On another note, I was having a conversation with a birder who was a
very keen photograher in Sydney and Canberra in the 1980s, but who
hasn't done much in the interim and has only just got back into in. He
is amazed how much tamer urban birds, particularly parrots, are now,
compared to twenty years ago. He can get 50% closer to most spp, he
reckons.

(And before anyone makes the obvious comment, no he doesn't have a 50%
larger zoom lens)!

Has anyone else had the same experience of increasing tameness in urban birds?

John Leonard

--
John Leonard
Canberra