birding-aus

Bird Routes Online

To: "Carl Clifford" <>
Subject: Bird Routes Online
From: "Dave Torr" <>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:12:21 +1000
Hi Carl and others

I am currently developing the BOCA maps - (your link is wrong - should be
www.birdobservers.org.au) - go to Come Birding in the left hand menu and
then select Birding Maps.

As you say - it is currently "Under construction" - I am currently
integrating the maps code I developed on my own web site (
www.birdingsites.com.au) with the BOCA stuff and I expect the first stage to
go live fairly soon - there are some technical issues which I won't bore you
with!

Stage 1 will include a list of all the Bird Clubs we know about in Australia
(I have emailed all those I know about - if you are involved in the
committee of a club and have not heard from me then please contact me) and a
few sample places to go birding around Melbourne.

Future developments will:
- allow anyone to suggest birding locations to place on the map (and maybe
even add the locations themselves).
- put in a "guestbook" for all sites
- link to Eremaea, Birdpedia and Birdata sighting data for the location

I was actually thinking this morning about adding links to sites that list
birding routes, so your email is timely.

Dave