birding-aus

Parrot ID- possible escaped pet?

To: storm <>
Subject: Parrot ID- possible escaped pet?
From: "Belinda Cassidy" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:48:10 +1000
We saw the Stunning Alexandrine again yesterday, feeding with a flock of
Rainbow and Scaly breasted Lorikeets in a fig tree. I'm still breath-taken!
We tried calling to it (using every `hello Cocky' and `whos a pretty boy'
type cliche we could think of, lol ), but it didn't come down to us. He was
curious though, and hopped down a few branches to check us out.  Maybe with
an apple and a few consistent days of telling him what a pretty boy he is,
we'd tame him, but he seems to be gone now. He gets hassled a lot by the
noisy minors, which wouldn't make the area too appealing.

I trawled through the online lost pet notices, hoping to come up with a
possible name for it and let the owners know we'd seen it. There have been
quite  a few lost Alexandrines in Brisbane. This one could have been lost
years ago, and the truth is I don't think 'd like to see it in a cage after
having been wild and free. It would be too cruel.

.