birding-aus

RFI Western Whipbird and a few others

To: <>, <>
Subject: RFI Western Whipbird and a few others
From: "Steve Potter" <>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:08:06 +0930
Hi Richard,

Whipbird and Malleefowl - Innes NP on Yorke Peninsula SA (Malleefowl also at
Eremophila Park east of Waikerie but some purists believe that's cheating..
though Sean Dooley didn't)
White-fronted HE - Brookfield CP Nor-east of Adelaide on the way to
Blanchetown. Also Gluepot!
Spotless/Baillon's Crake - Laratinga wetlands Mt. Barker.

If you see Painted or Regent HE in SA, ring me!!!

Steve Potter
Blackwood, South Australia

From:  "Richard Rae" < >
Date:  Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:11:09 -0400 (EDT)

 Hi all, I am a British birder currently on a round Australia trip. I would
greatly appreciate some advice on where to find a few species that are
currently eluding me. I am in Esperance at the moment, about to start
heading
east through South Australia and Victoria, ultimately heading back to
sydney.
Western/Mallee Whipbird - I got within feet of a calling bird at the
Fitzgerald
River but didn't manage to catch a single glimpse! The Thomas and Thomas
book
seems to suggest that Lincoln NP in SA is a good site to try, but I can't
find
any more recent info on sightings there. Any recent info on this site or any

other good places to try in SA? Malleefowl - Dipped miserably in WA, was
wondering if there are any reliable current spots in SA/VIC Freckled Duck -
Any
current spots in SA Black/White-fronted/Painted/Regent Honeyeaters - any
currently good areas for these in SA/VIC Spotless/Baillon's Crakes - Not
mega
rarities I know, but I can't seem to find any! Any good current spots

in SA/VIC/NSW would be greatly appreciated. A big thanks in advance for any
information anyone can give. My excite email address occasionally seems to
bounce emails for no good reason, so if anyone PMs me, i suggest also ccing
in
cheers, Richard Rae

Checked by AVG.
1:45 PM