birding-aus

Superb Lyrebird and Dingo

To: "'Evan Beaver'" <>
Subject: Superb Lyrebird and Dingo
From: "Neil Kirby" <>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:48:59 +1000
Hi Evan
Yes, they howl like a wolf and don't bark. Dingoes are seen or heard
fairly regularly along Springwood and Faulconbridge Ridges and along the
Grose River to the north. They seem to be attracted to the animal
enclosures at St Columba's High School on Springwood Ridge and Father
Peter Connelly who lives on the premises sees and hears them often.
Neil