birding-aus

Suberb Lyrebird and Dingo

To: <>
Subject: Suberb Lyrebird and Dingo
From: "Nathan Garvey" <>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:55:32 +1000

A PhD student from UWS in Sydney was looking at the genetic integrity of
Dingo populations in the catchment to the southwest of Sydney (see SMH
Article
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/purebred-dingoes-might-run-free-on-c
itys-doorstep/2005/09/02/1125302746483.html - the population referred to
I believe).  I also know of a population north of Sydney considered to
be of about 75% genetic integrity according to National Parks rangers up
that way.  However I would imagine that the closer to urban areas you
are the less gentic integrity there would be.  Domestic dogs allowed to
roam travel great distances along tracks into bush areas.  It is a pity
we have such irresponsible dog onwership that contributes to the
dilution of the genes of the Dingo.

Regards,
Nathan

___________________________________
Nathan Garvey

Technical Assistant
Mobile: 0427 505 324
Email:

Biosis Research Pty. Ltd.
Natural and Cultural Heritage Consultants
38 Bertie Street (PO Box: 489)
Port Melbourne VIC 3207
ph:  (03) 9646 9499
fax: (03) 9646 9242
www.biosisresearch.com.au
___________________________________

*  The information transmitted including attachments is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
copyright material, or information that is confidential or is exempt
from disclosure by law.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly
delete the material from your computer.
*  The views expressed in this email are those of the sender except
where the sender expressly and with authority states them to be the
views of Biosis Research Pty. Ltd..
*  Biosis Research Pty. Ltd. does not represent that this email is free
of errors, viruses or interference.
*  When using email to communicate with Biosis Research Pty. Ltd.,
access to that information by Biosis Research Pty. Ltd. personnel is
strictly limited and controlled.