birding-aus

West Queensland Trip - RFI

To: birding aus <>
Subject: West Queensland Trip - RFI
From: Tim Jones <>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 01:24:17 +0000
Dear All,

Thanks for anyone who sent me advice on the above. I will be doing my 10 day
trip starting from Mt Isa on Wednesday 16th April. The following is the basic
itinerary:

2 nights Mt Isa, trying for Carpentarian and Kalkadoon Grasswren, Spotted
Bowerbird and possibly Spinifexbird.

Head up to Lawn Hill (Adel's Grove) for Purple-crowned Fairy-wren and Sandstone
Shrike-thrush.

Then over to the gulf for 2 nights at Karumba - en route maybe Pictorella
Mannikin; around Karumba, Great-billed Heron (boat trip), Star Finch, Zitting
Cisticola. Hoping for Bar-breasted Honeyeater somewhere on the northern leg of
the trip.

Back to Cloncurry, then Winton, try for Hall's Babbler south of Winton.

Across Diamantina NP hoping for Gibberbird.

Grey Grasswren - try at Eyre Creek Crossing or maybe S of Birdsville (time
allowing).

Eyrean Grasswren - Big Red.

Then back to Mt Isa for the last night.

Other possibles:

Ground Cuckoo-shrike
Flock Bronzewing
Grey Falcon
Letter-winged Kite
Painted Honeyeater
Chestnut-breasted Quail-thrush
Varied Lorikeet
Arafura Fantail
Golden-backed Honeyeater

Any recent news on any of the above 25 or so species or additional details on
previous sightings would be highly appreciated at this stage.

Cheers & wish me luck!

Tim