birding-aus

RFI: Flame Robin movement

To: Nikolas Haass <>, Glenise Moors <>,
Subject: RFI: Flame Robin movement
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 14:51:36 +1000
Nikolas,

Here in the Blue Mountains (NSW) it seems to be an altitudinal movement of Flame Robins. They're present in the higher parts of the mountains during spring-summer-autumn but move down into the valleys such as the Megalong and Capertee for winter. During the 1980s and 90s there was a pair in my local park (in Katoomba) in all months of the year but that was unusual, and sadly I no longer see these beautiful birds in that particular park.

Rose Robins are around all year but move into more open habitats during autumn and winter.

Cheers,
Carol